VREDESTEIN HYPERTRAC: ALL-NEW UHP ALL-SEASON TIRE FOR NORTH AMERICA
Vredestein Launches the Hypertrac, an ultra high performance tire tailor made for North America
- Hypertrac’s introduction demonstrates Apollo Vredestein’s commitment to R&D and delivery of superior products tailored to North American driver preferences and environments, especially in the US market.
- Vredestein Hypertrac is the latest milestone in the company’s 111-year history of expansion into new categories and marketplaces through pioneering design and technology, as recently demonstrated by the acclaimed Wintrac Pro and Quatrac Pro lines in North America.
- Hypertrac all-season UHP tire’s sales kick-off demonstrates Vredestein’s rapid portfolio growth, and kicks off a new-product cadence that will continue through 2020.
North America embodies diversity: of terrain, of vehicle preferences, of regional climates, and of drivers. To develop a product line that addresses the market’s unique needs and user requirements, Apollo Vredestein’s team in North America worked with the people who live and drive here every day. The result is an evolving range that’s been tried, tested, and refined on North American roads.
Today, Vredestein announces the sales kickoff of its latest product, developed explicitly for North America’s roads and drivers. The all-new Vredestein Hypertrac is an all-season ultra-high-performance tire, and its arrival represents an expansion of the industry’s biggest UHP tire lineup to over 300 sizes spanning the summer (Ultrac Vorti), winter (Wintrac Pro), all-weather (Quatrac Pro), and all-season (Hypertrac) segments.
Hypertrac is the first in a series of new Vredestein tire lines developed for North America that are rolling out this year.
“Today’s vehicle owners place a higher premium on versatile performance than ever before and are looking for supreme confidence across a wide range of road surfaces, conditions and climates,” said Abhishek Bisht, global head of new markets and channels, Apollo Tyres Ltd., Vredestein’s parent company.
Vredestein has committed substantial investments to identifying gaps and developing a range of products tailored specifically to the US market’s needs. The Vredestein Hypertrac All-Season is a product born of this effort.
“Hypertrac is a successful validation of Vredestein’s research, testing, and high-tech manufacturing capabilities,” said Daniele Lorenzetti, Chief Technology Officer at Apollo Tyres. “Our global expertise, combined with a local focus on the North American market, has delivered a tire that we believe sets new standards for the all-season UHP category.”
Climate diversity in North America played an important role in the decision to develop and launch Vredestein Hypertrac. There is not a single part of the market that does not experience wet weather, which presented an opening for Vredestein.
With highly regarded winter and all-weather tires already being sold globally (including in North America, where they excel in independent comparison testing), Apollo Vredestein applied that institutional knowledge, to develop a UHP tire that delivered superior performance in all wet conditions. The result is Hypertrac, which outperforms its competitive set on wet surfaces across handling, braking, and hydroplaning tests.
“It is truly remarkable what Vredestein has been able to accomplish with the Hypertrac compared to the leading Tier 1 tires in the UHP All-Season category” said Ali Aljibouri, founder and principal dynamics engineer at Volk Wolf Dynamics the independent testing company who performed much of the validation on Hypertrac. “Vredestein has tilted the game by fundamentally linking cross functional teams together to tackle the challenges of overcoming long standing established players in the space. Their determination to never accept anything less than exemplary is inspiring in an aged industry.”
“Hypertrac represents the next-generation of Vredestein technology, and has been engineered with the specific needs of North American consumers in mind,” said Bisht. “We are proud of this extraordinary new product, and we firmly believe it will transform how drivers view ultra-high performance tires. Hypertrac delivers in all seasons, with no compromises, and it establishes the tone for the standards of quality, capability, and performance we will continue bringing to North America through 2020.”
Hypertrac in Brief
The Vredestein Hypertrac is an ultra-high-performance all-season tire for owners of premium and luxury cars or crossovers who require year-round capability and reliability. Hypertrac provides:
- Market Leading Wet Performance
- Hypertrac’s tire contour is designed for dynamic pressure distribution and optimized footprint.
- Hypertrac’s high-void tread pattern and optimized groove positions allow faster water evacuation from the contact patch.
- Hypertrac’s construction features a polymer-blend ratio tuned for superior wet grip.
- Dry-Road Agility and Precision
- Hypertrac’s highly engineered tire structure, molded into a dynamic tread pack, provides excellent balance for precise driving in the most demanding wet and dry conditions.
- Hypertrac’s advanced tread pattern with wider outer shoulders helps deliver superior cornering response.
- Hypertrac’s breakthrough compound employs unique resins that help deliver the optimal performance drivers seek from tires in this category. Learn more about the Hypertrac, here.
The Vredestein Hypertrac is produced according to stringent North American product manufacturing requirements at Apollo Vredestein’s state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Hungary. It is available in 38 sizes, and includes a 100-day trial period and a 50,000-mile warranty.